- What methods are available for paying for your purchase?
- Which kind of a drone would you recommend to go with Workswell WIRIS system?
- Does the system come with a software?
- Is the system fully radiometric?
- What is the weight of the system?
- Is it possible to change the lenses?
- Which gimbal do you recommend?
- How is WIRIS mounted to the gimbal?
- What are the available options for video streaming and image transmission?
- What are the delivery times?
- If the firmware proves to be faulty, is it necessary to send the equipment back to the manufacturer?
- Are data recorded in an internal memory?
- Is it possible to create 3D models from collected data – for example, in Pix4D software?
- What is the system’s power consumption?
- How is the system operated from the ground?
- Where can I see the system in operation?
- What are the system’s advantages in comparison with FLIR VUE or FLIR TAU2 sensors?
1. What methods are available for paying for your purchase?
Your selected goods can be purchased via our partner companies. Ask any of our partners for a presentation of the system working in conjunction with a drone, including, ideally, a flight demonstration. If none of our partners are located in your area, you can purchase the system directly from Workswell. We accept payments made via MasterCard, VISA and PayPal. Further information about payment and delivery options can be found here.
2. Which kind of a drone would you recommend to go with Workswell WIRIS system?
The basic prerequisite is that a drone equipped with Workswell WIRIS system is capable of carrying a payload of 400 g + the weight of the gimbal on which the system is mounted. Among the drones that have been tested to work well with Workswell WIRIS system are, for example, DJI s900/s1000, XYRIS6, Zero Tech E1100 v3, NEO and others.
3. Does the system come with a software?
Workswell WIRIS system comes together with CorePlayer software for the processing and analysis of collected data. Detailed information about CorePlayer software can be found here. For mass data modification and processing for the use in 3D mapping software, we recommend using Workswell ThermoFormat.
4. Is the system fully radiometric?
Yes. The system is fully radiometric, as are recorded pictures and videos, which use no compression at all. Captured images (thermograms) can be opened in Workswell CorePlayer software, which allows for the analysis and modification of collected data.
5. What is the weight of the system?
The weight of the system is 400 g, including all the electronics. In a real-life scenario the additional weight of the gimbal on which the system is mounted must be added to the weight of the system itself.
6. Is it possible to change the lenses?
Yes, the lenses can be changed. A table with available lenses follows below.
|Resolution 640 x 512 pixels||Field of view||Spatial resolution||Min focus distance|
|Focal length 7.5 mm||FOV 90° x 69°||2.267 mrad from 1 meter||5 cm|
|Focal length 9 mm||FOV 69° x 56°||1.889 mrad from 1 meter||7 cm|
|Focal length 13 mm||FOV 45° x 37°||1.308 mrad from 1 meter||15 cm|
|Focal length 19 mm||FOV 32° x 26°||0.895 mrad from 1 meter||30 cm|
|Resolution 336 x 256 pixels||Field of view||Spatial resolution||Min focus distance|
|Focal length 7.5 mm||FOV 45° x 35°||2.267 mrad from 1 meter||5 cm|
|Focal length 9 mm||FOV 35° x 27°||1.889 mrad from 1 meter||7 cm|
|Focal length 13 mm||FOV 25° x 19°||1.308 mrad from 1 meter||15 cm|
|Focal length 19 mm||FOV 17° x 13°||0.895 mrad from 1 meter||30 cm|
7. Which gimbal do you recommend?
An overview of suitable gimbals, which can be purchased together with WIRIS system, is found in the accessories section. Our customers, however, use various other gimbals according to their needs.
8. How is WIRIS mounted to the gimbal?
Workswell WIRIS system has two tripod screws for easy mounting to the gimbal. The positions of the mounting holes and the dimensions of the system are marked in the technical drawings.
9. What are the available options for video streaming and image transmission?
The system has an HDMI output. The digital signal can be transmitted directly or can be first converted to an analogue signal and then transmitted. For transmitting a digital video signal, we recommend Connex products from Amimon or DJI Lightbridge.
10. What are the delivery times?
The standard delivery time for the sold system is 3–4 weeks.
11. If the firmware proves to be faulty, is it necessary to send the equipment back to the manufacturer?
In that case the system need not be sent back to Workswell because the firmware can be updated online via a web questionnaire.
12. Are data recorded in an internal memory?
Workswell WIRIS has an internal memory of 32 GB, allowing you to save up to 80,000 images or 200 minutes of video. Captured images and radiometric video are recorded in this memory. Workswell WIRIS system is a comprehensive system equipped with an internal memory and a control unit. Once connected to a power supply, the system is operational and no other modules need to be connected.
13. Is it possible to create 3D models from collected data – for example, in Pix4D software?
Yes. Images captured by the system are fully radiometric and contain information about GPS coordinates in the EXIF metadata of the files (when a GPS unit is connected). Such images can be subsequently used to create a 3D model – with the aid of a specialized software (for example, the previously mentioned Pix4D) – on which measurements can be performed.
14. What is the system’s power consumption?
The power consumption is very low – specifically, less than 4 W. The maximum power consumption is 5 W during an NUC event. (approx. 0.5 sec).
15. How is the system operated from the ground?
The system is operated from the ground using a standard RC controller. At least two channels on the controller need to be earmarked to gain the full control of the system, including the menu.
16. Where can I see the system in operation?
The system can be seen in operation at our partner companies, which have at their disposal a Workswell WIRIS system exactly for this purpose. Ask a partner company of ours for a presentation of the system working in conjunction with a drone or contact us for more information.
17. What are the system’s advantages in comparison with FLIR VUE or FLIR TAU2 sensors?
In comparison with FLIR TAU2 or FLIR VUE sensors, Workswell WIRIS is a comprehensive thermal imaging system. The comparison review, including a comparison table, can be found in a separate article. The main virtues of the product are the possibility of full system configuration via a standard RC controller and the recording of radiometric image data.