FOR UAV CAMERAS
MAVLink or Micro Air Vehicle Link is a protocol for communicating with UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). It is designed as a header-only message marshaling library. MAVLink was first released early 2009 under the LGPL license. Workswell cameras support recieving range of common as defined in MAVLink Common Message Set as well as MAVLink GPS messages.
MAVLink interface for UAV cameras protocol offers very comprehensive options for controlling the thermal camera. To illustrate the possibilities of this implementation, we would like to show some of the possibilities of communication. However, these are only selected examples, the possibilities of controlling Workswell thermal camera:
- Do trigger control – enacts the trigger.
- Image start capture – starts periodic capturing or takes picture.
- Video start streaming – enables the RTSP stream.
- Storage information – information about a storage medium.
- Camera stream status – video stream status flags.
- GPS_status – the positioning status, as reported by GPS.
- Global position – the filtered global position; fused GPS and accelerometers data.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND SETTINGS
Autopilots or any device supporting MAVLink messages can be connected to the camera unified interface cable with a 4 pin connector. As for the physical layer, the camera system is designed for UART with operating voltage of 5 V, although it is tolerant to 3.3 V.